Minions - My First Digital Painting

Have you ever heard about digital painting? I bet you must heard this before. It's like painting, but on your computer. Isn't it hard? I though so before. But, after I saw my friend's artwork, especially in digital painting, it looked interesting! I was interested.

I search about digital painting, how to do that, the requirements, etc. Yeah, I learned this by my self, no book, no teacher (internet is my teacher I mean). But the problems come when I realized that I have no drawing tablet. So I just used my mouse, and for the sketch? I made it manually, on paper then I take a picture of it/scan, then starting to do digital painting.

The first digital painting that I made was Minion. Haha I just though that character was easy for newbie like me. Not much detail and texture, not much color.

And this is what I got.

Minions - My First Digital Painting





Isn't it cute? Haha. I though I need more practice, it still looked rough. But, overall, I was satisfied enough for my first digital painting.

Oh yeah, what I used? Papaer and pencil for the sketch.Scanner/camera to take a picture of it. Then photoshop CS6 to paint it! Maybe in another time I'll share the tutorial, of course after I feel confident and expert enough for this art. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment